Do You Think You May be Depressed?
We all feel sad and low at times and we may comment to friends and family that we “are depressed”. It’s normal to have these feelings when we have experienced an emotional trauma and these feelings often recede with time.
An assumption about depression is that it is caused by recent personal difficulties or even a chemical imbalance in the brain.
While depression can be triggered by an event it is often mixed with other long-term or other factors. For
There are a number of interview style questionnaires that I can utilize to help establish the degree of the depressed feelings you are experiencing. Here are some common symptoms.
Depressive symptoms can include:
- Waking in the middle of the night and finding it hard to go back to sleep
- Lack of sexual desire
- No desire to eat and weight loss or conversely, eating much more than you are usual
- Feeling like crying but not being able to
- Loss of interest in activities you usually enjoy such as hobbies or sport
- Avoiding friends and family because you just aren’t up to it
- Feeling irritable a lot of the time
- Difficulty concentrating
- A feeling that life isn’t worth living
While we may experience all of these feelings from time to time the degree to which we feel them and how long we have been experiencing them is key to establishing the extent and severity of your depressed mood.
The good news is that there is help and depression is treatable and can in most cases be overcome with time and effective treatment.
Take the first step towards a better youCALL ME DIRECTLY ON 0438 388 336